Is it your first time wearing contact lenses? You might be nervous, but we are here to guide you. So here are the steps on how to put on and take off contact lenses.
How to Put on Contact Lenses
- You must wash your hands properly with a soap that doesn’t have added oils or fragrances. Rinse and dry your hands with a lint-free towel.
- Open the contact lens cases and pick up the lens to place it in your non-dominant hand.
- Rinse the lens using contact lens solutions. Do not use tap water.
- Now put the lens on the tip of your index or middle finger of your dominant hand.
- Hold the lens up in light to check for any damage or tears. Ensure the lens is not inside out. Your lens should be shaped like a bowl with straight edges.
- Look in the mirror and hold your lower and upper eyelids with your non-dominant hand.
- Bring the lens close to your eye and look up. Now, gently place the lens on your eye.
- When you place the lens, close your eyes and roll around slightly to settle the lens.
- Repeat the process with the second lens.
How to take off contact lenses
- Wash your hands properly and dry them off.
- With the middle finger of your dominant hand, hold and pull down the lower eyelid.
- Look up and use your index finger of the dominant hand to slowly pull the lens down on the white part of your eye.
- Using your index finger and thumb, pinch the lens and pull it off your eye. Do not use nails to pinch the lens.
- Now place the lens in your palm and rinse it with a contact solution to remove any dirt.
- Place the lens back in the case and drench it with a contact solution.
- Repeat with the second lens.
These were the simple steps to wear contact lenses safely. Contact lenses are easy to use, but you must keep proper hygiene in mind while using them.