Eye allergies and irritations are the worst! But it’s summertime, and all we want to do is enjoy the beautiful weather outside. While summer means beach days, it also means allergy season. Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis (SAC) is a common seasonal eye allergy that happens during spring and summer.
Imagine enjoying a perfect summer day, and an eye allergy pops out of nowhere. These eye allergy symptoms are the most common of them all:
- Clear, watery discharge
Eye allergies can be triggered by:
- Outdoor allergens like pollen, dust, smoke, etc.
- Indoor allergens like dust mites, pet dander, mold.
How to Treat Eye Allergy
You can avoid the triggers to keep eye allergies at bay. Try to:
- Keep windows closed and use air conditioning indoors during pollen periods
- Wear sunglasses or regular glasses when you go outdoors.
- Use “mite-proof” bed covers can be useful to avoid dust mites and use dehumidifiers for mold-prevention.
You can also use over-the-counter medications like:
- Artificial tears
- Decongestant eye drops
- Oral antihistamines
In case your eye allergy persists, make an appointment at Golden Vision. The team comprises the best California eye doctors.
As the leading eye specialist in the state of California, Golden Vision has 9 locations in California, namely:
You can get a complete eye examination done here with the utmost professional care. Eye allergies can cause serious trouble if not checked in time. Hence, maintain proper hygiene and get your appointment at Golden Vision today.